- International Beer Day: It’s Friday! It’s Beer Day! In case you needed another excuse to have a couple cold ones …
- Purple Heart Day: A day to honor and remember the brave men and women who were either wounded on the battlefield or paid the ultimate sacrifice with their lives.
- National Lighthouse Day: A day to recognize those beacons of light.
Hashtag Roundup …Time for some Friday venting. #WillMakeMeMad…
- Anyone who doesn't social distance.
- People who mow the lawn at 7 a.m.
- Birds being far too happy in the morning.
- When somebody doesn’t like my dog.
- Talking to me when I’m watching a movie.
- Waiting for a parking spot and they take their sweet time.
- People who still write checks.
- Too many items in the express line.
- Someone taking the last slice of pizza without offering it first.
- Slamming a door.
You’ve all heard of the honeymoon phase of a relationship …but how long does that phase last? According to a study, that time of butterflies and staring longingly into each other's eyes lasts … 30 months. (Your Tango)
Wine windows …Back in the Middle Ages, in the days of the Plague, the Tuscan region of Italy had something called “wine windows.” They were tiny wooden hatches carved into building's concrete walls where merchants could safely pass wine and other spirits to residents. People just knocked on the small windows and their bottles were filled. Well, thanks to COVID-19, these windows last used in the Middle Ages are back. According to the Wine Window Association, “During this time, some enterprising Florentine Wine Window owners have turned back the clock and are using their Wine Windows to dispense glasses of wine, cups of coffee, drinks, sandwiches and ice cream — all germ-free, contactless!” (NY Post)
Remember dating? Reddit users recently shared some of the best questions they’ve been asked on a first date. These are definitely worth trying out -- even if your current dating situation is strictly virtual:
- What picture do you use as your phone background and why?
- If you had three wishes what would they be?
- Do you have any life regrets?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever gotten?
- Where are you going to travel to as soon as it’s safe?
- What’s your favorite wild animal and why?
- What’s a weird thing you did as a kid?
- Who are three people you’d like to have dinner with?
Party fouls …Seems one of the big reasons coronavirus cases are spiking in California is crazy house parties. These super-spreader parties have gotten so out of control that Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti has announced that the city will shut off water and power to any homes hosting large gatherings. "These large house parties have essentially become nightclubs in the hills," Garcetti said. "The consequences of these large parties ripple far beyond just those parties. They ripple throughout our entire community because the virus can quickly and easily spread." (Best Life)