Side hustles are becoming more and more popular. People are taking on jobs in addition to their full-time gigs to supplement (or compensate for) their income. CEO of the “Future Of Work Institute” by AppJobs, Alok Astrom, is recommending eight of the best ways that you can earn side money – whether you already have been hustling on the side or you’re looking to start.
- Virtual assistant. If you’re great at managing calendars, good at emails, and enjoy organizing someone’s life/schedule.
- If you love animals, why not get paid to hang out with someone else’s pet?
- Scooter charger. Yup, people actually get paid to collect all of those e-scooters you see left on the side of the road.
- Online freelancing. If you have a specific skill set, look online as there are likely people looking to outscore that skill set.
- Tasker jobs. Get paid for all of those jobs people don’t want to do themselves, like putting furniture together or painting.
- Delivery driver. UberEats, Postmates, Doordash, JustEat, and so on.
- Rentals. It doesn’t have to be a whole property, it can be a spare room, parking spot, storage unit, or even tools.
- Care work. Whether it be for babies, children, or seniors, the care sector is expanding.