Sometimes when interpreting work emails, you've got to read between the lines. Thought Catalog put together a list of 21 things you say in work emails, and what they really mean. Here's the top 10:
- I’m wondering if I could pick your brain about something:Help me, please, I am dying.
- Looking forward to your thoughts!: Respond to me promptly, a**hole.
- Just wanted to follow up: Why the F have you not responded to my last note.
- I happened to notice your great work on ____ : I’ve spent 3+ hours painstakingly researching your past work in an attempt to ingratiate myself with you.
- That’s fair: You win this round, Dr. Doom…
- Let’s circle back on this: I can’t deal with you right now.
- Great! (1 exclamation point): Sure, whatever.
- Great!! (2 exclamation points): I agree, and want you to like me.
- Great!!!!!! (3+ exclamation points): Either I am desperately trying to ingratiate myself with you, or have just had my fourth cup of coffee.
- Great. (no explanation points): I hate you.
i can think of a few more but don't wanna single out any bad emailers I currently deal with.. ;)